Founded in 2005, the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame recognizes the remarkable achievements of both male and female athletes across high school, college, and professional basketball—along with phenomenal coaches and individuals who’ve impacted the game along the way.
Together with a dedicated collection of coaches and basketball enthusiasts, Doc Daugherty and Don Henderson led the charge to establish the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame with a mission of preserving legacies, celebrating greatness, and honoring excellence. Our annual Induction Ceremony is hosted in Columbus and celebrates basketball and its rich legacy.
- We honor 12 to 15 outstanding individuals annually along with 1 or 2 basketball teams. All Honorees receive at least 75% approval from our Selection Committee.
- As of 2021, we’re proud to have recognized 266 individual inductees representing 30 Ohio colleges and universities and 112 Ohio high schools.
- The Ohio Heritage Award honors an inductee from a previous class who's greatly impacted Ohio beyond his or her basketball career.
- We first began awarding scholarships to graduating high school athletes to pursue higher education in 2012. Thanks to your generous contributions, we’ve awarded over $16,000 since.
- Over the past decade, we've welcomed nearly 10,000 guests to Columbus to participate in our Ceremonies.
2005—Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame founded by Doc Daugherty and Don Henderson
2006—1st Induction Ceremony (1200 guests)
2012—Began awarding annual scholarships to outstanding graduating high school athletes to pursue higher education
2014 - Sheila Fox named our first-ever Executive Director
2021 - Celebrated Doc Daugherty's 90th Birthday, raising nearly $40,000 for the Hall of Fame
With your support, we plan to build a brick and mortar museum to celebrate and respect the incredible legacy of Ohio basketball—including the leaders, teams, and individuals who continue to make an impact not only in this incredible sport, but within the communities that make up our great state.
MAKE AN IMPACT
We'd love your support. You can make a donation to the Hall of Fame, contribute to the scholarship fund, or become a supporting sponsor.